New Hampshire Department of Education: Services for Blind and Visually Impaired - AFB Directory Profile
New Hampshire Department of Education: Services for Blind and Visually Impaired
21 South Fruit Street
Concord, NH 03301
(603) 271-3537 (Local)
(603) 271-3816 (Fax)
(800) 581-6881 (Toll-Free)
(800) 735-2964 (TDD/TTY)
Services for the Blind and Visually Impaired provides services necessary to help people with visual loss to enter, re-enter, or maintain employment. Most services are provided without charge to the referred individual as the Services for Blind and Visually Impaired Program is supported by State and Federal tax dollars.
Hours of operation: Mon.-Fri. 8:00 AM-4:30 PM.
Clients served on average per year: 1000
Number of staff: 13
Geographic area served: New Hampshire.
Publications: Annual reports to federal and state government.
30 Maplewood Avenue
Portsmouth, NH 03801
195 McGregor Street
Manchester, NH 03102
25 Riverside Street, Suite 102
Nashua, NH 03062
85 Mechanic Street
Lebanon, NH 03766
Two Industrial Park Drive
Concord, NH 02301
William Finn, Administrator, (603) 271-3537, email@example.com
Rose Prescott, SSIL Program Coordinator, (603) 271-3537
Services for Adults
- Computer Training/Assistive Technology
- Provides computer training.
- Offers consultation and referral, psychological testing.
- Daily Living Skills/Independent Living Skills Training
- Provides training in personal management, home mechanics, home economics, and communications skills. Oversees New Hampshire's Title VIIC program (Older Blind Independent Living).
- Employment/Job Training
- Offers evaluation, pre-vocational and vocational training, vocational placement, follow-up service, vending facility program, post-employment programs.
- Information and Referral
- Offers information about programs.
- Library Services
- Maintains library of talking book records and cassettes and provides reader services.
- Support Groups
- Offers peer support groups.
- Travel/Orientation and Mobility
- Provides orientation and mobility training.
Services for Children
- Education Services
- Oversees and implements educational programs for New Hampshire students with disabilities. The Bureau provides technical assistance and support to lawmakers, public and non-public school officials, parents and community members to enhance and ensure the quality of educational services provided to students with disabilities, and strives to assist in the development of quality educational programs for all students.
New Hampshire Department of Education: Services for Blind and Visually Impaired, is this page missing one of your services, events, programs, or announcements? Update your information for free.