Tennessee Rehabilitation Center - AFB Directory Profile
Tennessee Rehabilitation Center
460 Ninth Avenue
Smyrna, TN 37167-2010
(615) 459-6811 (Local)
(615) 355-1373 (Fax)
Hours of operation: 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
Geographic area served: Tennessee.
Gale Demick, Director, (615) 459-6811 246, Gale.Demick@state.tn.us
Karen Carothers, Superintendent, (615) 459-6811, Karen.Carothers@state.tn.us
Services for Adults
- Evaluations available as part of various training programs.
- Offers psychological testing and evaluation and individual/group counseling.
- Daily Living Skills/Independent Living Skills Training
- Provides training in daily living and communication skills, assistive technology, low vision, adaptive kitchen skills, home and personal management, and orientation and mobility. Offers programs in basic education and adult continuing education.
- Employment/Job Training
- Provides vocational evaluation, training in job-seeking skills, and counseling
- Low Vision Services
- Provides functional low vision assessments.
- Recreation Services
- Offers recreational therapy and a variety of activities including community outings, bowling, and arts/crafts.
- Travel/Orientation and Mobility
- Provides orientation and mobility training.
Services for Children
- Braille and Reading Instruction
- Offers braille instruction.
Tennessee Rehabilitation Center, is this page missing one of your services, events, programs, or announcements? Update your information for free.