Alabama Department of Rehabilitation Services - AFB Directory Profile
Alabama Department of Rehabilitation Services
602 South Lawrence Street
Montgomery, AL 36104
(334) 293-7500 (Local)
(334) 293-7384 (Fax)
(800) 441-7607 (Toll-Free)
Alabama Department of Rehabilitation Services ( ADRS ) is a state agency that provides services to children and adults with disabilities through a system of service delivery. ADRS provides individualized services to Alabamians of all ages in their homes, schools, the workplace, and the community, ADRS assists every person in achieving his or her maximum potential.
Alabama's Early Intervention System was created under the federal Individuals with Disabilities Education Act ( IDEA ), the same law that regulates special education services. Early intervention in Alabama promotes a system of services for eligible children and their families by coordinating and supplementing programs and services that are already in place in our state. The federal government, state government, other state agencies, and third-party payers (like private insurance carriers) provide financial assistance for the development and implementation of this system.
Geographic area served: Alabama.
Curtis Glisson, Assistant Commissioner, Blind and Deaf Services, (334) 293-7072, email@example.com
Carol Pinkard, OASIS Program Coordinator, (205) 290-4451, firstname.lastname@example.org
Elizabeth Prince, Part C Coordinator, Early Intervention Program, (334) 293-7166, email@example.com
Ashley Townsend, Director of Special Programs - Blind and Deaf Services, (334) 293-7096, firstname.lastname@example.org
Services for Children
- Assesses and evaluates infants or toddlers referred to Child Find.
- Community Outreach Programs
- Child Find identifies infants and toddlers who may be eligible for services.
- Early Intervention/Infant Services
- Lead agency for Alabama's early intervention system as required under the Individuals with Disabilities Education Act (IDEA). Provides intervention support and services for infants and toddlers and their families.
- Support for Parents
- Has a statewide resource directory to assist families and community providers locate resources for infants and toddlers with developmental delays.
Alabama Department of Rehabilitation Services, is this page missing one of your services, events, programs, or announcements? Update your information for free.