Montgomery County Association for the Blind - AFB Directory Profile
Montgomery County Association for the Blind
212 North Main Street
North Wales, PA 19454-3117
(215) 661-9800 (Local)
(215) 661-9888 (Fax)
The mission of the Montgomery County Association for the Blind is to enhance the independence and quality of life of people coping with blindness or vision impairment through rehabilitation, education, support and advocacy.
Comprehensive services and programs for people with vision loss.
Hours of operation: Mon.-Fri. 8:30 AM-4:30 PM.
Clients served on average per year: 1500
Number of staff: 23
Staff description: 9 full-time, 14 part-time. Uses volunteers.
Geographic area served: Montgomery County and surrounding region. Specialized Service program in Northern Chester County, PA
Publications: Newsletter, List of Services brochure, Guiding Techniques brochure, Eye on Success newsletter for donors.
Douglas Yingling, Executive Director, email@example.com
Jim Hunt, Program Director, (215) 661-9800, firstname.lastname@example.org
Sharon Zislis, Director of Development, (215) 661-9800
Services for Children
- Computer Training/Assistive Technology
- Students can utilize computer training programs at the agency.
- Psychotherapy service, specializing in vision loss.
- Daily Living Skills/Independent Living Skills Training
- Vision rehabilitation therapy (daily living skills).
- Summer/Day Camps and After-school Programs
- A four-week summer day camp, Monday through Thursday.Camp normally begins in July.
- Support for Parents
- Provides assistance with IEP as requested and holds periodic support meetings for parents.
- Travel/Orientation and Mobility
- Orientation & Mobility training is provided by full time instructor. May be able to provide through ESY authorization.
Montgomery County Association for the Blind, is this page missing one of your services, events, programs, or announcements? Update your information for free.