Northeastern Association of the Blind at Albany - AFB Directory Profile
Northeastern Association of the Blind at Albany
301 Washington Avenue
Albany, NY 12206
(518) 463-1211 (Local)
(518) 463-3585 (Fax)
NABA is a comprehensive rehabilitation agency providing a full range of services to people of all ages who are legally blind or experiencing significant vision loss. It assists individuals in seven upstate counties: Albany, Columbia, Greene, Rensselaer, Saratoga, Schenectady, and Schoharie. In 2002, some of NABA's services were expanded to reach individuals in Eastern Montgomery, Fulton, Warren and Washington counties.
Hours of operation: Mon.-Fri. 8:00 AM-4:00 PM.
Clients served on average per year: hundreds
Staff description: 82 staff members including 66 full-time and 16 part-time. Uses volunteers.
Geographic area served: Capital region of New York State -plus Southern Saratoga, eastern Fulton & Montgomer, Ulster, Duchess, Schoharie, Greene & Columbia
Publications: Brighter Horizons (newsletter), NABA Vision (newsletter).
Chris Burke, Executive Director, (518) 463-1211 225, firstname.lastname@example.org
Ann Gallagher-Sagaas, Co-Director of Community Services and Social Worker, (518) 463-1211 225(518) 463-1211 223, email@example.com
Cheryl Lawyer, Coordinator, Outreach Services, (518) 463-1211 225(518) 463-1211 223(518) 463-1211 234, firstname.lastname@example.org
Kathryn Miklowitz, KidSight Outreach Specialist, (518) 463-1211 225(518) 463-1211 223(518) 463-1211 234, email@example.com
Michele O'Hare, Director, Development & Communications, (518) 463-1211 225(518) 463-1211 223(518) 463-1211 234(518) 463-1211, firstname.lastname@example.org
Maureen Strainge, Co-Director of Community Services, (518) 463-1211 225(518) 463-1211 223(518) 463-1211 234(518) 463-1211(518) 463-1211 229, email@example.com
Services for Children
- Computer Training/Assistive Technology
- Assesses the needs of the individual, and recommends a computer system and software that will allow him or her to continue to utilize technology for work or school. Training is provided on how to use the adaptive software and hardware.
- KidSight, a unique vision screening service, aims to identify and address potential vision problems in children.
- Low Vision Services
- Offers training in the use of low vision aids and/or adaptive technology designed for people with little or no vision.
- Travel/Orientation and Mobility
- Instructs individuals on safe travel skills and ways to establish and maintain orientation.
Northeastern Association of the Blind at Albany, is this page missing one of your services, events, programs, or announcements? Update your information for free.