Anyone from Edmonton, Alberta?
Posted by Vegatree on 5/15/2011 at 4:14 PM
I am new to this site and the mother of a 3 year-old daughter with achromatopsia. I am looking for someone that my daughter could relate to (she is becoming very aware of how other people see). Is there anyone here from Edmonton, that would be willing to have a "playdate"? I think any age up to junior high would be great.
There is currently 1 reply
Re:Anyone from Edmonton, Alberta?Posted by MaribelNAPVIparent on 5/16/2011 at 10:32 AM
Thank you for taking the time to post. We here at Family Connect hope you find the services you are looking for and making new friends.
If you have not had an opportunity to do so, please take a look at NAPVI (National Association for Parents of Children with Visual Impairments) where we have an international chapter in Canada.
suggested resource: http://www.spedex.com/napvi/index.html
You may also look top join Family Connects social networking site called Family Friends. This is may in your search for play dates for your child while meeting other parents.
Thank you for allowing us the opportunity to Connect!!
Log in to Post a Reply
- Parents of Blind Infants and Toddlers Forum
- Parents of Blind Preschoolers Forum
- Parents of Grade Schoolers Who Are Blind or Visually Impaired Forum
- Parents of Blind Teenagers Forum
- Education Forum
- Technology Forum
- Leber's Congenital Amaurosis Forum
- Optic Nerve Hypoplasia (ONH) Forum (also known as Septo-Optic Dysplasia and De Morsier's Syndrome)
- Glaucoma Forum
- Deaf-Blindness Forum
- Achromatopsia Forum
- Anophthalmia Forum
- Amblyopia Forum
- Aniridia Forum
- Autism Spectrum Disorders Forum
- Norrie Disease Forum
- Multiple Disabilities Forum
- Uveitis Forum
- Juvenile Retinoschisis Forum
- Cataracts Forum
- Familial Exudative Vitreoretinopathy (FEVR) Forum
- Orientation and Mobility Forum
- Doing Everyday Things Without Vision
- Cortical Visual Impairment Forum
- Albinism Forum
- Coloboma Forum
- De Morsier's Syndrome Forum
- Laurence-Moon-Bardet-Biedl Syndrome Forum
- Low Vision Forum
- Macular Degeneration Forum
- Marfan Syndrome Forum
- Microphthalmia Forum
- Nystagmus Forum
- Optic Nerve Atrophy Forum
- Retinitis Pigmentosa Forum
- Retinoblastoma Forum
- Retinopathy of Prematurity Forum
- Stargardt's Disease Forum