Helpful Products and Toys for Parents of Children with Visual Impairments
There are several resources that can help you locate the best products and training to help your blind or visually impaired child.
For More Information:
- American Foundation for the Blind Product Search. This is a comprehensive listing of assistive technology products used by people who are blind or visually impaired. It is the place to go to search for a product or manufacturer, find out what products are out there, and decide which product is best for you, a family member, or one of your clients. You can browse by task, product category, or manufacturer.
- AccessWorld® is a free, online technology magazine published monthly by the American Foundation for the Blind. Each year it publishes a back-to-school issue in July, and a gift guide in November. You can also download the free AccessWorld app.
- Sources of Audio, Braille, or Large Print Books can be found in the AFB Directory of Services. You can also find agencies that provide training in the use of low vision devices and computer or assistive technology training
- Happy Valentine's Day: Activities for Your Child or Teen Who Is Blind or Visually Impaired
by AFB Staff on 2/13/2017
- Share Your Story to Help Others
by AFB Staff on 2/1/2017
- Toys "R" Us Quiet Hours and Toy Guide for Children with Autism
by Shannon Carollo on 12/12/2016
- Questions and Answers Regarding Your Child's Low Vision
by Shannon Carollo on 2/29/2016