Working with Your Child's Medical Professionals
Many parents want to learn as much as they can about their child's diagnosis and what the future will look like for their child. Developing an understanding of the different eye care professionals your child may be seen by, questions you can ask, and what you can expect at an appointment will empower you and your child to more clearly understand his visual impairment.
- Do you find yourself wondering what can my child with visual impairment see?
- What can I expect to happen at the eye care specialist office?
- What questions should I ask?
- I have so many questions. What are some common questions families ask?
- The doctor has asked me to do things at home. How do I follow the eye doctors directions?
- Do you want to have much of what you need in one printable document? Use the downloadable toolkit for a summary of what you need.