Tips for Families of Children Who Are Blind or Visually Impaired
Parents and family members are the first and most important teachers of their children. So many life experiences are perfect "teachable moments" but the impact of visual impairment may present a challenge on how to use that moment. The articles here will provide you with tips on the importance of seizing the moment and ideas for how you can adapt to meet your child's needs. Regardless of the age of your child, your role as parent and teacher remains constant throughout their life.
- A Thankful Mom: Nancy's Story of Raising Her Son Who Is Visually Impaired
by Alicia Wolfe on 1/11/2017
- Give the Gift of Equality
by Emily Coleman on 12/21/2016
- Celebrating and Creating New Family Traditions Around the Holidays
by Susan LaVenture on 12/20/2016
- Handling Bullying in School and the Workplace
by Shannon Carollo on 10/26/2016
- Transitions, Not So Easy!
by Susan Harper on 10/19/2016