Get Connected: Resources for Parents of Blind or Visually Impaired Children
FamilyConnect is an online community created by the American Foundation for the Blind (AFB) and the National Association for Parents of Children with Visual Impairments (NAPVI).
But this site is really about you. FamilyConnect wouldn't exist without the parents and grandparents and family members of visually impaired children who gather together to support each other, share stories and concerns, offer sympathy when things are hard, and express delight for small triumphs.
Here are some of the ways you can get involved:
- Join the community! You'll receive free, customized e-mail alerts, and much more.
- Connect on our message boards—you can ask any question, and benefit from other parents' hard-won experience.
- Comment on FamilyConnect's blogs, or write a guest post!
- Join our campaign in support of the Anne Sullivan Macy Act, dedicated to helping children with visual impairments thrive in school.
- Link to us—help other families find the support they need.
- If you are able to, please consider donating to help keep FamilyConnect going
- Follow us on Facebook or Google+.
- Money Management Education for Children and Teens with Visual Impairments
by Shannon Carollo on 4/27/2017
- Prom Makeup Application for Your Blind or Visually Impaired Daughter
by Shannon Carollo on 4/24/2017
- Hey Teens with Visual Impairments, Looking for a Summer Job?
by Alicia Wolfe on 4/20/2017
- Structure a Meaningful “Take Our Daughters and Sons to Work Day” for a Child or Teen Who Is Blind or Visually Impaired
by Shannon Carollo on 4/19/2017
- Resources on Cortical Vision Impairment (CVI) in Children
by Shannon Carollo on 4/17/2017