Get Connected: Resources for Parents of Blind or Visually Impaired Children
FamilyConnect is an online community created by the American Foundation for the Blind (AFB) and the National Association for Parents of Children with Visual Impairments (NAPVI).
But this site is really about you. FamilyConnect wouldn't exist without the parents and grandparents and family members of visually impaired children who gather together to support each other, share stories and concerns, offer sympathy when things are hard, and express delight for small triumphs.
Here are some of the ways you can get involved:
- Join the community! You'll receive free, customized e-mail alerts, and much more.
- Connect on our message boards—you can ask any question, and benefit from other parents' hard-won experience.
- Comment on FamilyConnect's blogs, or write a guest post!
- Join our campaign in support of the Anne Sullivan Macy Act, dedicated to helping children with visual impairments thrive in school.
- Link to us—help other families find the support they need.
- If you are able to, please consider donating to help keep FamilyConnect going
- Follow us on Facebook or Google+.
- Winter Weather Orientation and Mobility (Oh My!) for Children and Teens with Visual Impairments
by Shannon Carollo on 1/17/2017
- Is Braille Useful on the Job?
by Shannon Carollo on 1/12/2017
- Birth Options for Mothers Who Are Blind or Visually Impaired
by Holly Bonner on 1/11/2017
- A Thankful Mom: Nancy's Story of Raising Her Son Who Is Visually Impaired
by Alicia Wolfe on 1/11/2017
- What You Need to Know About the Expanded Core Curriculum for Children Who Are Blind
by Shannon Carollo on 1/9/2017