Slideshow of featured pictures and headlines
Happy White Cane Day!
White Cane Day is October 15.
Finding Your Way
Heading to a new school? Here are some strategies for helping your child who is blind or visually impaired get oriented to a new school building.
Asking for Assistive Technology
How do you make an effective case for technology accommodations?
IEPs vs 504 Plans
What is the difference, and which one is best for your child?
It's a big deal. Parents of children who are blind or visually impaired share their own experiences and advice.
Connect With Other Parents of Blind Children
You'll find an online community that can offer tips and support from other parents of children who are blind or visually impaired.
Raising a Visually Impaired Child
What Are People Talking About on the Message Boards?
- retinal colomboma will he be able to read and write in normal schools - 2 replies
- Speech - ONH - 5 replies
- summer camp - 5 replies
- Free booklet introduces braille readers to Unified English Braille
- It's Eye Injury Prevention Month!
- Richard L. Welsh, first president of the Association for Education and Rehabilitation of the Blind (AER), has died
On Our Blogs
- But I Haven't Been to Holland
by Scott Truax on 10/21/2014
- Celebrating White Cane Day
by Scott Truax on 10/14/2014
- IEP Preppers
by Emily Coleman on 10/20/2014
- How is Eddie Connected to the Rest of His Family?
by Emily Coleman on 10/11/2014
- Awesome School Underway!
by Anne McCarthy on 9/30/2014
- Double H Ranch: How Was Camp?
by Anne McCarthy on 8/15/2014