Slideshow of featured pictures and headlines
Beeping Easter Eggs
Have you been to an Easter egg hunt for children who are blind or visually impaired? Have you thought about starting one?
9 tips for dealing with questions, stares, and rude comments about your blind or visually impaired child.
Are you struggling with your blind or visually impaired child's sleeping patterns, too?
Be a Champion
All children deserve to have a champion in their corner. Be that champion by supporting H.R. 4040—the Alice Cogswell and Anne Sullivan Macy Act—the most comprehensive special education legislation to date.
Connect With Other Parents of Blind Children
You'll find an online community that can offer tips and support from other parents of children who are blind or visually impaired.
Raising a Visually Impaired Child
What Are People Talking About on the Message Boards?
- retinal colomboma will he be able to read and write in normal schools - 1 reply
- Speech - ONH - 4 replies
- summer camp - 2 replies
- Alice Raftary, the "Mother of Rehabilitation Teaching," has died
- Perkins School for the Blind picks new president
- Anne Sullivan Macy Bill on Its Way! Historic Special Education Legislation
- Chief architect of the Individualized Education Program has died
On Our Blogs
- Have You Ever Been to an Easter Egg Hunt for Children Who Are Blind?
by Scott Truax on 4/14/2014
- The Big Picture: Planning for the Future
by Susan Harper on 4/10/2014
- Struggling with Identity for My Child Who is Blind
by Emily Coleman on 4/10/2014
- World Autism Awareness Day 2014: What I LOVE and HATE about Autism
by Emily Coleman on 4/2/2014
- Dr. Frankenstein Walks her Chihuahua
by Anne McCarthy on 4/9/2014
- The Long Thaw, Part Two
by Anne McCarthy on 3/11/2014