Slideshow of featured pictures and headlines
Connect With Other Parents of Blind Children
You'll find an online community that can offer tips and support from other parents of children who are blind or visually impaired.
A student, and his teacher, look back on the journey.
10 Great Resources
We’re here to connect you with resources specific to raising a child who is blind.
Handling Behavior Issues
As your child moves into the toddler years, you might notice new, more challenging (ahem) behaviors, and wonder how to address them, and help your child acquire the coping skills he or she needs.
Do Kids with Low Vision Need O&M?
Yes! If your child has a visual impairment, advocate that your child be evaluated for orientation and mobility lessons.
Raising a Visually Impaired Child
What Are People Talking About on the Message Boards?
- Is an iPad All Your Child Needs? - 6 replies
- retinal colomboma will he be able to read and write in normal schools - 3 replies
- Speech - ONH - 6 replies
On Our Blogs
- Dancing Dots and Summer Music Academy, Take 3
by Scott Truax on 7/19/2016
- Hand in Hand, FamilyConnect, WonderBaby and You Can Increase #CVIawareness
by Scott Truax on 7/13/2016
- Autism Awareness Month: The Child Versus the Label
by Emily Coleman on 4/4/2016
- The Understanding of a Sibling
by Emily Coleman on 12/31/2015