Slideshow of featured pictures and headlines
IEPs vs 504 Plans
What is the difference, and which one is best for your child?
Finding Your Way
Heading to a new school? Here are some strategies for helping your child who is blind or visually impaired get oriented to a new school building.
Asking for Assistive Technology
How do you make an effective case for technology accommodations?
It's a big deal. Parents of children who are blind or visually impaired share their own experiences and advice.
Connect With Other Parents of Blind Children
You'll find an online community that can offer tips and support from other parents of children who are blind or visually impaired.
Raising a Visually Impaired Child
What Are People Talking About on the Message Boards?
- retinal colomboma will he be able to read and write in normal schools - 2 replies
- Speech - ONH - 5 replies
- summer camp - 5 replies
- Richard L. Welsh, first president of the Association for Education and Rehabilitation of the Blind (AER), has died
On Our Blogs
- Being Organized Helps Prepare Parents of Children Who are Blind or Visually Impaired
by Anne McComiskey on 9/18/2014
- Sooo, What About School in Summer?
by Susan Harper on 9/9/2014
- Advocating for My Child Who is Blind
by Emily Coleman on 9/28/2014
- Where Would You Go If You Weren’t Afraid?
by Emily Coleman on 9/18/2014
- Awesome School Underway!
by Anne McCarthy on 9/30/2014
- Double H Ranch: How Was Camp?
by Anne McCarthy on 8/15/2014