Slideshow of featured pictures and headlines
Back to School!
It seems like the summer just started and now here we are at the start of another school year.
Improving School Confidence
We want our children to be comfortable and confident in themselves, knowing they are valuable and have areas of strength.
The preschool years are all about learning to be a friend. Learn how you can help your blind or visually impaired child develop familiarity with toys, pretend play, asking to join a game, and more.
Finding Your Way
Heading to a new school? Here are some strategies for helping your child who is blind or visually impaired get oriented to a new school building.
Handling Behavior Issues
As your child moves into the toddler years, you might notice new, more challenging (ahem) behaviors, and wonder how to address them, and help your child acquire the coping skills he or she needs.
iPad for Babies
AFB eLearning is pleased to announce its newest webinar offering, iPad for Babies and Toddlers: Early Intervention for Children with Visual Impairments.
Connect With Other Parents of Blind Children
You'll find an online community that can offer tips and support from other parents of children who are blind or visually impaired.
Raising a Visually Impaired Child
What Are People Talking About on the Message Boards?
- Is an iPad All Your Child Needs? - 6 replies
- retinal colomboma will he be able to read and write in normal schools - 3 replies
- Speech - ONH - 6 replies
- Dog Guide School Pairs First Dog Certified to Assist a Runner with Vision Loss
- Talking Scientific Calculator is Designed to Function in "Exactly the Same" Way as Inaccessible Version
- Free App Designed to Provide Street-Crossing Information for Signalized Intersections That Lack Accessible Pedestrian Signals is Available
On Our Blogs
- Parents, I Present You with “Your Roles” in Readying Your Child who is Blind or Visually Impaired for Future Employment
by Shannon Carollo on 10/6/2015
- October is National Disability Employment Awareness Month
by Scott Truax on 10/1/2015
- Back to School and Expecting the Unexpected
by Emily Coleman on 9/4/2015
- The Emerging Risk-Taker
by Emily Coleman on 6/30/2015
- My Sweet Daughter
by Anne McCarthy on 9/22/2015
- Setting the Curve in the Important Subjects
by Anne McCarthy on 8/4/2015