Slideshow of featured pictures and headlines
Accessible Valentine's Day Ideas
Gift and craft ideas for Valentine's Day, as well as sources of print/braille and accessible eCards for parents of blind children.
Handling Behavior Issues
As your child moves into the toddler years, you might notice new, more challenging (ahem) behaviors, and wonder how to address them, and help your child acquire the coping skills he or she needs.
iPad for Babies
AFB eLearning is pleased to announce its newest webinar offering, iPad for Babies and Toddlers: Early Intervention for Children with Visual Impairments.
Connect With Other Parents of Blind Children
You'll find an online community that can offer tips and support from other parents of children who are blind or visually impaired.
Raising a Visually Impaired Child
What Are People Talking About on the Message Boards?
- Is an iPad All Your Child Needs? - 6 replies
- retinal colomboma will he be able to read and write in normal schools - 3 replies
- Speech - ONH - 6 replies
- Mosquito-Borne Illness Found to Be Related to Birth Defects That Include Vision Loss as CDC Issues Travel Warning for 14 Countries
- Biomedical-Development Firm Acquires Research Company Behind Eye Drops Designed to Cure Glaucoma
- Hadley School for the Blind Adds Two New Courses on Unified English Braille (UEB)
On Our Blogs
- I’m Learning, Too!
by Susan Harper on 2/4/2016
- Why Parents Can Get Excited About the Upcoming AFB Leadership Conference
by Shannon Carollo on 2/2/2016
- The Understanding of a Sibling
by Emily Coleman on 12/31/2015
- Quality Eddie Time
by Emily Coleman on 11/25/2015