Slideshow of featured pictures and headlines
Connect With Other Parents of Blind Children
You'll find an online community that can offer tips and support from other parents of children who are blind or visually impaired.
On April 14, 2016, we will celebrate the 150th anniversary of Anne Sullivan Macy’s birth by organizing a call-in day to attract support for the Cogswell-Macy Act.
Do Kids with Low Vision Need O&M?
Yes! If your child has a visual impairment, advocate that your child be evaluated for orientation and mobility lessons.
10 Great Resources
We’re here to connect you with resources specific to raising a child who is blind.
Handling Behavior Issues
As your child moves into the toddler years, you might notice new, more challenging (ahem) behaviors, and wonder how to address them, and help your child acquire the coping skills he or she needs.
Raising a Visually Impaired Child
What Are People Talking About on the Message Boards?
- Is an iPad All Your Child Needs? - 6 replies
- retinal colomboma will he be able to read and write in normal schools - 3 replies
- Speech - ONH - 6 replies
On Our Blogs
- What Your Future Adult Son or Daughter Will Say to You on Mother's Day
by Shannon Carollo on 4/28/2016
- Meaningful Gift Ideas for Teacher Appreciation Day from Your Child with A Visual Impairment
by Shannon Carollo on 4/27/2016
- Autism Awareness Month: The Child Versus the Label
by Emily Coleman on 4/4/2016
- The Understanding of a Sibling
by Emily Coleman on 12/31/2015