Touch the Future: Career Foundations for Blind Youth and Their Parents
or years, the rate of unemployment within the blindness community has been very high.
Our Space Our Place, Inc. offers a career exploration program for blind youth in middle and high school.
Classes are held the third Saturday of each month from 10:00 AM 12 Noon at the Tobin Community Center.
During the year, two meetings with the parents of the students participating in the program are held.
- Identifying interests and skills and matching those with future career options
- Meeting professionals in ones interested field and touring companies
- Role of parents and resources available to parents to aid with their children career exploration
- Practicing interviewing, creating a resume, writing cover letters and thank you notes
- Using resources at school and at the Massachusetts Commission for the Blind
- Enhancing interpersonal skills
- Interviews With Professionals
- Visiting local businesses
To learn more about the programs offered by OSOP please visit our web site:www.ourspaceourplace.org
Location: Roxbury, MA
Contact: Cheryl Cumings
Phone Number: 617-459-4084