ReadBooks! Program: FREE braille book bags for kids!
ReadBooks! is a national children's braille literacy program to encourage families with blind children to read print/braille books together.
National Braille Press, along with Seedlings Braille Books for Children, is distributing attractive braille book bags to families with blind and visually impaired children, ages birth to seven, across the U.S. and Canada. The distribution process is a collaborative effort with educators and early intervention professionals.
Limit one bag per child.
Bag contents vary age group:
- An age-appropriate print/braille book for three age groups: birth-3, 4-5, and 6-7 in English or Spanish;
- A English braille primer for sighted parents entitled Just Enough to Know Better;
- Print/braille bookmark;
- Print/braille alphabet card;
- Because Books Matter, a guide for parents on why and how to read books with their young blind child;
- Age appropriate tactile
- Caravan braille block
- Program DVD
- A gift coupon redeemable for another print/braille book or braille/large print playing cards;
- and Because Pictures Matter, a guide for parents on the importance of tactile pictures for their blind child
Age GroupsInfants & Toddlers
Interest CategoriesReading activities
Contact: Joanne Sullivan
Phone Number: 617-266-6160, ext 520